Associate General Counsel
Associate General Counsel
Wiland is a leading marketing intelligence company serving many of the nation’s top companies and organizations. We provide solutions to thousands of clients in a wide variety of markets and industries. We use data and sophisticated analytics to predict marketing behavior. Our custom audiences and insights help organizations grow their business and improve profitability. We are committed to providing excellent service and products to our Clients.
We are seeking dedicated, high caliber professionals who are smart and energetic, have a positive attitude and take pride in their work. Currently, we have an opening for an Associate General Counsel. The Associate General Counsel works as a key member of the Wiland legal department across the spectrum of company legal matters. A successful candidate must be able to dive deep into company technology and business processes, understand key issues and concerns, translate these concerns for internal and external stakeholders and take lead on finding and implementing creative, practical legal solutions. Tasks and responsibilities of the Associate General Counsel position include:
- Collaborate with the Chief Legal Officer, other legal team members, business teams, clients and partners to find creative, practical solutions to legal challenges that impact the business.
- Offer pragmatic, timely counsel on a variety of legal issues including contracts, litigation matters and personnel issues.
- Over time assume a lead role on all client and vendor contracting matters. Collaborate with sales, IT and other business teams to optimize contracting processes. Efficiently support multiple matters and projects at the same time to hit key revenue related deadlines and department service level goals.
- Assist the Chief Legal Officer in continuous improvement of the Wiland legal function. Desire to learn to efficiently help develop the legal function within a high-growth company is critical.
- Learn the company’s business and industry and work alongside employees in all areas of the company.
- Negotiate, write, edit and execute contracts. Research and interpret legal language and legislation for legal department personnel and business team members.
- Work with external counsel as needed on litigation matters. Implement and monitor litigation holds and response timelines.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree from top Law School.
- Licensed to practice Colorado law and in good standing.
- 4+ years of experience practicing corporate and commercial law.
- 2+ years of experience in human resources law preferred.
- Significant technology/high growth company experience.
- Exceptional analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent judgment and ability to work independently, managing various tasks and simultaneously balance competing priorities to meet tight deadlines.
We offer our employees a fast-paced, dynamic, energetic and family-oriented work environment, as well as competitive salaries and benefits. Our benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Basic and Voluntary Life/ADD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Retirements Savings Plan, Generous PTO Accruals and Designated Company Holidays. For additional information about our company and to submit your resume for confidential consideration please visit our website at www.wiland.com. EOE.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Legal / Compliance
Nonprofit or Corporate : Company/Agency
Location : Niwot, CO