Maryland/Washington DC Area or Remote
Audience Strategist position available with National Fundraising Lists!
National Fundraising Lists (NFL), a Moore Company, is a recognized industry leader in data solutions with unmatched expertise in creating successful integrated strategies for nonprofits across a wide range of verticals. With over 30 years of experience in direct marketing, NFL delivers forward-thinking, data-driven strategies to help nonprofits reach valued donors to maximize their fundraising efforts. Our offices are in Maryland, close to DC. We welcome candidates from any U.S. location, to work in-house or to work from home.
The Audience Strategist is responsible to develop the list strategy for our clients’ acquisition programs through in-depth analysis of results, the market, and the direct marketing industry. Strategists are involved in the annual acquisition budgeting process.
- Serves as the primary daily client contact for multiple accounts, ensuring the timely delivery of services to clients, including mail plans, test recommendations and campaign analyses.
- Analyzes and interprets historical campaign performance and applies knowledge to future campaign strategies and planning. Develops cross-client analysis for assigned clients.
- Builds and maintains cooperative database relationships for clients; facilitates data transfers of client’s files for creation and updating of models; advises internal and external parties on preferred merge instructions.
- Makes recommendations on segmentation strategies for refinement or expansion of list selections. Structures tests and reports on test results, statistical significance, and next steps.
- Prepares list plans, including an executive summary in cooperation with appropriate list broker, and submits plans to team leadership, account team and client for review/approval.
- Works with senior leadership team to develop and deliver additional client services including modeling solutions, non-mail acquisition opportunities, and advanced analytical products.
- Participates in and/or leads plan and test recommendation discussions with agency AE and clients.
- Assists in developing annual program review presentations for each client.; participates in team or client program review. Works with NFL leadership and client team in preparing client yearly projections.
- Participates in analysis for new client audits.
- Stays abreast of Nonprofit and List Industry trends and research.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in direct marketing, specifically within the list brokerage and/or management area.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Marketing.
- Broad experience in the non-profit arena is preferred but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of List Brokerage Services.
- Strong ability to provide analysis and strategy for list services and to stay abreast of current industry trends.
- Marketing and new business development expertise, including managing the RFP process for list service requests.
- Strong client-service and oral and written communication skills required and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and of management. Must be able to speak, listen and communicate effectively.
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, etc.) and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Ability to operate independently and proactively is a must, as is the ability to operate in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize workload and continuously manage competing priorities.
National Fundraising Lists is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants should provide a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. The link to apply is provided here: NFL Audience Strategist.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Account Management, Marketing/Communications, Development, Customer Service
Nonprofit or Corporate : Company/Agency
Location : Our offices are in Maryland, close to DC. We welcome candidates from any U.S. location, to work in-house or to work from home.