Every day, 13 children and teens are diagnosed with a brain tumor, the deadliest form of childhood cancer. Every day after, they are in a fight for their life. It's a fight the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is here to help families win.
A leader in the brain tumor and childhood cancer communities, PBTF's mission of Care. Cure. Thrive. reflects its commitment to curing all pediatric brain tumors and transforming how children and their families are cared for today. Since 1991, PBTF has provided strategic leadership and funding to accelerate the number of targeted therapies for children battling brain tumors, while equipping families with the patient family education, financial relief, and emotional support they need to navigate their child's journey. A world without childhood brain tumors is possible when we stand together to effect real, meaningful change. Learn more at www.curethekids.org.
Job Title: Chief Marketing & Mission Experience Officer
Reports to: President/Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote Position
The Role and Responsibilities
The CMMX, a new position reporting directly to the CEO, will be a key member of the senior leadership team, bringing seasoned management experience, a commitment to innovation, and a critical, community-driven perspective to the Foundation. The CMMX will create innovative marketing strategies to support the organization’s leadership role in the brain tumor and childhood cancer space. The CMMX will be responsible for the development and execution of strategies focused on significantly increasing public awareness of pediatric brain tumors, mobilizing and uniting community in our mission, driving growth in unrestricted revenue, and strengthening PBTF’s brand. In this position, the CMMX will leverage their excellent leadership skills and proven product development expertise to lead and develop a talented team of marketing and program development professionals.
- Direct the advancement and evolution of PBTF’s brand vision, goals, and marketing strategies to reflect organizational strategic priorities and ensure positioning, brand personality, and brand promise that is interesting, credible, distinctive, and that reflects PBTF’s values.
- Develop and deploy PBTF’s supporter experience strategy, including characterization of strategic customer segments and systematic collection and application of supporter experience insights for strategic advantage and growth.
- Drive digital innovation and serve as a cross-functional change agent across the organization.
- Set and implement the digital strategy by working with cross-functional partners to map and transition traditional processes into digital ones.
- Stay abreast of rapidly developing media and technology tools and trends and test new and innovative approaches to raising awareness, engagement, and desired actions from the public.
- Monitor the external landscape (i.e., key activities and public engagement efforts by other leading non-profits) and be an expert source of sector and market intelligence for strategic planning.
- Lead a high-performing team, attracting, keeping, and developing talent to innovate and execute on big ideas.
- Inform the exploration and development of new mission programs in collaboration with Family Support, Advocacy, Research and Development leaders.
- Create a strategy for partnership growth and work with teams to activate mission experiences.
- Develop trusted partnership with the PBTF community by ensuring that strategies pursued are informed and shaped by a diverse representation of patient families.
- Demonstrated ability to create a shared vision, inspire collaboration, and drive change with momentum.
- Proven track record of leading successful customer experience & digital transformation projects.
- Have an innovative and disruptive mindset, constantly looking forward.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience. Master’s preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging marketing trends and practices, including new and emerging strategies and technologies.
- Advanced ability to conceive, implement and evaluate strategic programs to achieve established goals.
- 15 plus years of demonstrated success in marketing including senior leadership experience within complex organizations in a corporate, agency, or nonprofit setting.
- Experience leading the development and execution of effective, comprehensive, innovative, multicultural marketing strategies that clearly define audience and map motivators and barriers with an inclusive perspective. Ideally, this includes a track record of success with organizations known for excellence in insight-driven marketing and customer/donor experience.
- Strong analytical, and planning skills with demonstrated success in analyzing ROI for marketing investments and collaboratively facilitating optimum use of staff and budget resources to provide support across multiple priorities and departments within an organization.
- Team-centric leadership style. Experience as a member of a senior leadership team, helping to guide the direction across an organization and interacting with a board of directors at an executive level.
- Experience in developing the strategy and large-scale implementation for community programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to soliciting stakeholder feedback and process improvement.
- Must be available to participate in PBTF sponsored events nationally and internationally.
- The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation works directly with hospitals, children diagnosed with cancer (Stars) and others that may be at a health risk due to immunocompromised health challenges. This position must be vaccinated.
Key Attributes and Expectations
Mission & Values Alignment:
- Deep belief in the mission and vision of PBTF, its commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- A commitment to creating a world without childhood brain tumors. Alignment with our core values: kids with brain tumors are our north star; there’s no cure without collaboration; purposeful stewardship matters; diversity, equity and inclusion lay the foundation for progress, celebrate innovation and impact.
Executive & Organizational Leadership:
- Phenomenal organizational leader with a track record of working with and through other executive leaders and members of an organization to drive strategy at the organizational level.
- Leadership experience must include effective change management, vision setting, and innovation, and setting clear priorities, goals, and road maps at the enterprise level and for teams.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a thriving team of professionals at various levels.
- Astute driver of strategy, including managing teams through strategic pivots and changes.
- Able to engage and collaborate professionally with all levels of staff, board members, and constituencies.
- At least 15 years of experience as a marketing leader and practitioner, specifically including leading branding, digital, and innovative marketing campaigns.
- Track record of envisioning and operationalizing enterprise-level marketing strategy.
- Experience leading in a large, complex nonprofit or mission driven environment is preferred.
- Outstanding storyteller with experience leading teams to develop compelling images, messages, and voices that make an organization stand out and amplify its impact.
System & Process Development & Implementation:
- Experience leading the successful development of systems and processes to effectively and efficiently project manage competing priorities.
- Track record of building out a marketing function with thoughtful systems and processes that scale with an organization’s existing structures and during periods of growth.
- Proven capacity for effectively building and managing collaborative partnerships with external partners including agencies, consultants, donor partners, and other external advisors.
- Experience in community building, outreach, community relations and capacity building.
Other Relevant Skills
- This position works across all departments and with many volunteers and external partners and must therefore be highly relational, collaborative and responsive.
- Emotional and moral intelligence.
- Friendly, proactive and relationships-driven, including the ability to monitor, identify, reach out to, and build partnerships with other organizations and people online in a way that scales the foundation’s digital brand-building and top-of-funnel engagement and acquisition efforts.
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Strong analysis and autonomous problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Desire and ability to work remotely full-time.
- Ability to meet deadlines, anticipating quickly changing needs and exercising good judgment.
- Ability to develop and document stored procedures, applications, and reports.
- Ability to clearly articulate status of tasks and projects, and any challenges encountered.
- Ability and commitment to learn about and effectively communicate the foundation’s goals and objectives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
The PBTF strives to create diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging within our workspace to meet the diversity of the families we serve. PBTF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2845004234/?refId=DnQC4Xw0SlKQHriXoqeNtg%3D%3D
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Executive
Job Function : Marketing/Communications, Executive / C-suite, Digital
Location : Remote