It’s an exciting time at the Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) as we embark on our next strategic plan. We will have a dual focus on addressing hunger today and seeking innovative approaches that bundle food with other related services as we aim to have a lasting impact on longer term food security. We are looking for dynamic individuals who believe strongly in food as a catalyst for improved nutrition, better health outcomes, enhanced educational attainment and greater economic engagement. We believe that access to and affordability of good quality food can lead to more inclusive participation in the growth of the Greater Washington area.
The Capital Area Food Bank is the largest organization in the Washington, DC metro area working to solve hunger and its companion problems: chronic under-nutrition, heart disease, and obesity. By partnering with 450 community organizations in DC, MD and VA as well as delivering food directly into hard to reach areas, the CAFB is heling 380,000 food insecure people each year get access to good, healthy food.
To apply: CAPITALAREAFOODBANK.appone.com
The Database Manager will lead the standardization of nomenclature and analysis of data to support our fundraising and marketing systems, currently based in Salesforce, aiming to ensure that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the system. We are seeking someone who is detailed oriented, enjoys working with data, can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to administer and enhance the system accordingly. This person will serve as the "go to" for the development and marketing staff, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more.
The position is integral to the overall success of the organization by maintaining, developing and leveraging constituent data and reporting on fundraising results. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using Salesforce and will be an enthusiastic team member who is organized, has high attention to detail, a positive attitude and a resourceful nature.
- Create standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistent data entry and use of Sales Force.
- Develop standards and processes to clean database records.
- Develop, document and maintain efficient system processes and work flows for data entry, gift processing, prospect research and moves management to ensure data integrity.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and standardized reports for staff.Continue to highlight trends in the donor base, execute analysis as requested by senior development staff, “pull” different donor groups for message and appeal testing.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of database information and formatting
- Perform regular audits to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Supervise, mentor and assist Database Assistant.
- Create and administer training to existing or new users/groups and provide one to one training to end users on an on-going basis.
- Use quantitative analysis tools to assemble, analyze, and draw conclusions from data.
- Create and manage departmental dashboards to aid the analysis and KPI tracking for fundraising and financial reporting needs.
- Identify and develop tools to manipulate data where current system tools are insufficient with a focus on streamlining team processes.
- Provide standard and custom reporting for fundraising campaigns, planned giving and other giving, including batch reporting, month end reporting and ad-hoc reporting.
- Collaborate closely with Finance and Development teams to standardize routine queries and reports, reconcile projected and actual revenue, and inform protocols across teams related to individual gifts and grants processing.
- Other duties as assigned by the CRMO.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Salesforce experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
- A desire to “live” and “play” with data
- Prior development and fundraising experience or exposure
- Proactive, self-starter with strong critical thinking skills
- A desire to seek out new learning and training opportunities to stay ahead of the curve
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary
- Team player mindset and excitement about working collaboratively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to problem-solve and think creatively
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility with long and short term responsibilities
- Demonstrated professionalism and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Marketing Cloud experience
Other Skills / Abilities
- Commitment to the CAFB’s mission and team values;
- Highly organized and efficient; with the ability to prioritize and get things done on schedule and work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Some understanding of organizational financials and experience in program budget development preferred;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team;
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity;
- Strong interpersonal skills, respect for priorities and tolerance of work pressures of colleagues and funders.
- Normal business office, with frequent tight deadlines
- Regular work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm; with weekends or extended hours for special events
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Competitive compensation and benefits * free onsite parking and complimentary shuttle to metro * professional development, growth, and volunteer opportunities * fun work in a diverse environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.