Compassion & Choices is seeking a Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (“DEI”) Manager to help advance our medical outreach and education efforts across the country.
The DEI Manager is primarily responsible for managing internal organizational training and learning development around matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The DEI Manager will work across teams to provide educational resources, analyze systems, and develop & implement the strategies that create organizational change. This person will also lead efforts to establish training curriculums and guidance on both an individual and organizational scale. This position will be primarily responsible for supporting our organizational culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This is a full-time, remotely-located, paid position reporting to the National Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Human Resources. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.
We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums, employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, flexible spending account for medical and child care, commuter pre-tax benefit, eligibility to participate in 401K with generous 5% employer match and 100% vested at time of eligibility, 12 paid holidays, 17 PTO days first year, and personal days.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Draft plans for professional development and organizational learning on equity, diversity, & inclusion.
- Provide ongoing education and learning opportunities for all staff.
- Develop skills for implementing C&C’s upcoming equity lens to programmatic work.
- Act as a liaison to staff employee resource groups
- Coach, support, and counsel organizational managers to better drive DEI work within their purview
- Develop monthly learning moments to reinforce DEI principles and develop and ongoing learning culture
- Stay abreast of trends related to DEI in the workplace and nonprofit sector and develop plans to integrate cutting edge research into the organization
- Coordinate and lead New Hire foundational DEI training on a yearly basis
- Support the organization’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion work;
- Complete required related reports in a timely fashion (e.g., expense reports, time cards, performance reviews, and weekly reports);
- Support of all C&C efforts as requested; including, but not limited to, activities such as identifying prospects, briefing teams on opportunities, and curating digital campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications (You will be a good fit):
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years experience leading or guiding workplace or organizational diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts.
- A minimum of 2 years experience providing workforce training & education.
- Deep knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion principles
- Experience working on teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds, and perspectives. This includes a track record of successfully collaborating with and motivating highly skilled staff with diversity across race, gender, gender identity, and political affiliation among other identities.
- Effective public speaking and written communication skills
Skills: Computer Skills: Ability to use Google office suite and general computer software
Values: Must be energized by the idea of working at an organization with the following values:
- Compassionate in our conviction that dying patients should be free of unwanted treatment, suffering or outside interference.
- Respectful of the autonomy of individuals to decide what end-of-life options are best for them and their family.
- Courageous in our willingness to confront the toughest end-of-life health challenges, disrupt the broken status quo and protect an individual’s right to self-determination.
- Credible in all our education, advocacy and partnerships — our efforts are grounded in objective research and demonstrable facts.
- Resilient in our capacity to respond to opportunities and threats in the movement so that we can achieve our vision as quickly as possible.
How to Apply:
Current resume and cover letter should be submitted as one PDF document. In your cover letter, please (1) indicate how your personal philosophy aligns with our mission, (2) provide a brief summary of your directly related experience, and (3) provide your salary expectation (with a specific amount/range vs ‘negotiable’).
Questions about the position may be directed to Jobs@compassionandchoices.org. Or please visit HERE
About Compassion & Choices
Across the nation, Compassion & Choices works to create a society that affirms life and accepts the inevitability of death, embraces expanded options for compassionate dying, and empowers everyone to choose end-of-life care that reflects their values, priorities and beliefs. To make this vision a reality, we improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
Compassion & Choices is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type : Full-Time
Experience Level : Mid Level
Job Function : Development
Location : Washington, DC (Remote Position)
Salary Range : Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.