Digital Advertising Manager
Digital Advertising Manager
New York, NY, Boston, MA, Oakland, CA, Los Angeles, CA, TBD
We’re looking for a Digital Ads Manager to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business in our Advertising Practice Area.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
Work that is awesome. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
So that’s us. Now about the work…
- We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups – Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA. Environmental groups such as National Geographic and Oceana, and cultural organizations we love, like the American Museum of Natural History.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to recruit supporters, influence policy, raise money, hold corporations accountable, make the most of news moments, and leave no idea unconsidered that might engage regular people in the world around them.
- Critical to our success is making sure we’re continuously taking advantage of all opportunities using both tried and true and cutting edge digital advertising technologies.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work in advertising tools to implement and optimize digital advertising campaigns across our clients. This includes display/retargeting, video, mobile, SEM, and Facebook advertising.
- Place and monitor media buys – and make adjustments as necessary to optimize results.
- Evaluate digital advertising performance – produce detailed reports on campaigns.
- Project management: Keep task lists, meetings agendas, and communications calendars across your clients.
- Participate in client strategy and media planning meetings.
- Research new advertising venues and stay abreast of online advertising trends; develop and maintain relationships with vendors and partners.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and experiences you should have:
- At least 1 year of experience in a dedicated digital advertising role, focused on media buying.
- Proficiency in any of the following: programmatic display, paid social, or paid search.
- Worked in all aspects of ad campaign management: campaign setup, ad trafficking, optimizations and reporting and analysis.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data in reporting systems such as Excel.
- Acute attention to detail - you don’t drop the ball.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Ability to prioritize your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Capability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills on the job.
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Passion for the role that digital campaigning plays in creating change in the world. You are excited by the idea of working across many issues.
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines and always producing high quality work.
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback.
- Preference to work in a team. You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it.
- Experience bringing a lens of inclusivity and respect to all of your interactions with colleagues.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience using ad serving systems such as Google Campaign Manager and Google Display & Video 360.
- Experience working at an agency.
- Experience working with or at non-profits or political/issue campaigns.
- Basic understanding of pixel and pixel management.
- Experience with direct response (DR) advertising.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks
This is an exempt, unionized position, represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. The salary is $59,000 plus bonus eligibility. We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with quarterly employer contributions and an employer match;
- Professional development stipend;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Free lunch once a week;
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
The fine print:
The position could be located in one of the following offices:
1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
11 Park Place, New York, NY
262 Washington St, Boston, MA
1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
1275 East 6th St, Los Angeles, CA
Exact Location TBD
Click here to apply. No calls please.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are communicators, marketers, fundraisers, and campaigners who unleash the power of people to do good. We work exclusively with nonprofits fighting for a just and sustainable world.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Marketing/Communications
Nonprofit or Corporate : Company/Agency
Location : Washington, DC