Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
The Capital Area Food Bank works to address hunger today and create brighter futures tomorrow for the nearly half a million people across the region experiencing food insecurity. As the anchor in the area’s hunger relief infrastructure, the food bank provides over 30 million meals to people in need each year by supplying food to 450+ nonprofit organizations, including Martha’s Table, DC Central Kitchen, Food for Others, Manna, and others. Through its partnerships, the food bank supports 10 percent of our region’s mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, and grandparents with food and hope.
To apply: CAPITALAREAFOODBANK.appone.com
The Capital Area Food Bank seeks a creative and analytical Digital Marketing Manager to lead our web and digital activities. In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our digital marketing operations, including web, social media, e-mail, SEO/SEM, and periodic paid advertising campaigns. Your central goal is to advance the food bank’s mission by helping to increase brand awareness, loyalty, and influence; and to advance the organization’s fundraising goals by driving increased online revenue generation.
Your duties will include planning, implementing, and monitoring our digital marketing campaigns across all digital networks. This position has an emphasis on the ability to gather, analyze, and use insights from the data-rich digital environment to achieve results. Our ideal candidate is goal-oriented, metrics-driven, collaborative, and adept at problem-solving. Strong candidates will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and capacity to manage priorities and deadlines using the flexibility and creativity that a nonprofit environment demands.
Oversee all aspects of our digital marketing, including web, e-mail, social media strategy, and periodic paid digital advertising campaigns
- Provide accurate and timely reporting and analysis on metrics related to the performance of all digital marketing campaigns and activities against goals (OKRs, ROI)
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting our industry, using insights to increase performance and optimize spend where relevant
- Develop and monitor campaign budgets
- Work with team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end user experience across multiple channels and touch points
- Manage vendor relationships and billing for the food bank’s online work
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Communications, Advertising, or other relevant field
5+ years’ experience in a digital marketing/fundraising or advertising position
Excellent analytical abilities, and a proven track record of using data and benchmarking to achieve strong business results in social media, e-mail, and digital advertising platforms
In-depth knowledge of multichannel marketing/fundraising systems such as Marketing Cloud, Blackbaud’s NetCommunity or Luminate and financial CRMs like Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or Convio
Deep understanding of various social media platforms and best practices required
Other Skills /Abilities:
Ability to manage and drive multiple projects and priorities at once, often with tight deadlines
Creative with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing
Agency experience a plus
- Physical activities involve sitting for 80% of the work day
- Occasionally lifts office supplies up to 20 pounds
Ability to travel to sites, as needed, throughout the metropolitan area
- Normal business office, with frequent tight deadlines
- Work may take place in the food bank’s warehouse distribution center, or at community organizations
- Regular work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm; with weekends or extended hours for special events.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Digital
Nonprofit or Corporate : Nonprofit Organization
Location : Washington, DC