Direct Marketing Manager
Direct Marketing Manager
Washington, DC or Yarmouth, MA (HYBRID work – 2 days/week in the office)
The Direct Marketing Manager will work as an integral part of IFAW’s Global Direct Marketing team. This is a positive, confident, energetic Marketer who is flexible and can manage multiple projects at one time. This person must love a fast-paced and complex environment and must be motivated by working as part of a high-achieving team and independently as required.
This position is passionate about direct mail and has expertise in growing direct mail programs. They will be responsible for attracting 35,000 new donors annually, in a cost effective manner, and driving growth. Success will require a data driven approach, utilizing models and analysis, to drive best overall results and revenue.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of IFAW’s programmatic campaigns and priorities to effectively promote IFAW’s work to prospects and partners.
- Develop, refine and expand, the US direct mail acquisition strategy to keep it positioned for growth.
- Independently manage the execution of IFAW’s United States direct mail to attract new donors, including mid-level donors giving at the $500+ level.
- In collaboration with colleagues, manage the first year contact strategy for new direct mail donors. Improve and expand upon this contact strategy to drive growth.
- Manage agency partners: creative, list brokers, printers. Leverage these relationships to drive efficiency and growth.
- Manage internal processes: briefings, creative, cost analysis, post campaign results, and make recommendations for future campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal teams: digital, donor relations, data analysis
- Attend professional marketing events to increase IFAW’s awareness and education about direct mail and New Donor marketing with a focus on innovation and integrated approaches.
- Oversee and monitor the marketing expense budget while reporting on a monthly basis of any changes and/or deviations.
- Proof read and edit design and copy on printed components, ensuring that all mailings are error-free and country specific.
- Support IFAW’s print production department, as needed, for integration and cost efficiency.
- Manage ad-hoc projects as assigned
Remain current on:
- IFAW campaigns, programs and emergency relief efforts
- IFAW position statements
- IFAW communications, marketing, fundraising, and stewardship efforts
- US direct mail new donor engagement trends and practices.
- Financial policies, data protection and privacy requirements, and charity watchdog ratings
- Seven years of direct marketing experience and project management experience.
- Ability to thrive with time constraint pressure and meet absolute deadlines.
- International experience in a Global organization or company is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity and a growth mindset
- A very sharp, highly organized and self-motivated individual.
- High proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word, or similar spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Ability to work effectively as part of an integrated, diverse, team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
To Apply, Please click HERE
At IFAW, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion so we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Job Type : Full-Time
Experience Level : Mid Level, Senior Level
Job Function : Development, Marketing/Communications
Location : Washington, DC or Yarmouth, MA (HYBRID work – 2 days/week in the office)
Salary Range : $68,000-$85,000