Meals on Wheels America is the leadership organization supporting the more than 5,000 community-based programs across the country that are dedicated to addressing senior hunger and isolation. Powered by a dedicated volunteer workforce, this network delivers a comprehensive solution that begins with a meal and is proven to enable independence and well-being through the additional benefits of tailored nutrition, social connection, safety and much more. By providing funding, programming, education, research and advocacy, Meals on Wheels America empowers its local member programs to strengthen their communities, one senior at a time. For more information, or to find a Meals on Wheels provider near you, visit www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Director, Development Operations is responsible for high-level duties supporting operations including gift processing and administration, financial coding and reconciliation, report creation, and data request fulfillment. The position provides operational support for all fundraising programs through effective management of constituent records, data structure and policy and procedure documentation.
This position is an Arlington, VA based, hybrid working role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee accurate management of all donor gifts in our CRM database and other tracking tools.
- Establish and maintain data entry procedures and coding standards. Document standard operations procedures and maintain digital library of current policies, forms, and training materials.
- Supervise full scope of gift processing to ensure that gifts are accurately captured, entered and acknowledged, including generating receipts and managing thank you letter personalization.
- Manage and support individual and corporate prospect research and the development of robust donor profiles for the fundraising team.
- Oversee moves management record keeping and reporting for individual and corporate fundraising teams.
- Work collaboratively with the finance department to complete regular reconciliations to ensure all donations are accurately accounted for, allocated and reported.
- Oversee the production of detailed and summary daily, monthly and quarterly gift reports for CDO and the Executive Team.
- Lead, coach, and assess the performance of Development team member
- Orient new hires on Development Operations procedures, train on use of development database, and conduct regular trainings for department staff.
- 7+ years relevant experience or a combination of relevant degree(s) and 5+ years relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices related to receiving and processing charitable donations and donor record management.
- Strong proficiency with CRM databases.
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations and exercise good judgment in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment. Ability to problem solve under pressure and adapt to a rapidly evolving organization.
- Strong enthusiasm for Meals on Wheel America’s mission. Models the Association's cultural attributes of collaboration, learning, accountability, and service, augmented by a strong commitment to Race Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Candidates meeting 75% or more of the above qualifications should apply.
Meals on Wheels America is an Inclusive Workforce/Employer and encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.
To apply, Please Click HERE
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Focus : Data Management, Donors/Donations, Finance, Budget Management, Fundraising
Location : Arlington, VA (Hybrid)
Experience Level : Senior Level, Executive Level