Director, Direct Mail Marketing
Director, Direct Mail Marketing
New York, NY/Telecommuting is available
For almost 50 years, Covenant House has served and advocated for youth and young families experiencing homelessness, human trafficking, and exploitation. Our overarching goal is to end homelessness among youth and young families by helping them achieve housing stability, heal from trauma, tap into their innate resilience, and hone their interests and skills to forge new pathways to independence. This work is carried out across Covenant House sites in 31 cities in the US, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
Reporting to the Vice President, Mass Market Growth and Channel Integration, the Director, Mass Market Audience Strategy & Offline Channel Optimization leads the strategy, execution and optimization of offline channels to acquire, grow, retain and reactivate the one-time gift Mass Market donor audience. The Director is responsible for the day-to-day direct mail marketing plan, will develop and deploy rigorous testing strategies as well as seek out solutions to improve efficiencies. The role will collaborate cross-functionally on an integrated campaign approach with online channels to drive the strategy and implementation of campaigns to drive mass market file growth and retention. This position also leads the execution of offline channels in support of high-value donor audience needs via collaboration with Sustainer and Mid-Level audience strategists. The Director will serve as the catalyst and growth accelerator propelling a large, national direct to consumer fundraising program towards growth and investment.
- Design the strategy for mass market fundraising program in collaboration with the Vice President, Mass Market Growth and Channel Integration and the Online Strategists.
- Develop the campaign and creative approach in the deployment of a data driven offline fundraising program focused on single gift donors that achieves key performance indicators in individual donor metrics as well as overall revenue growth and budget objectives
- Executes offline channel strategy using an integrated approach in collaboration with online channel lead in order to achieve the organizations fundraising goals
- Directs established workflow for direct mail initiatives including campaign planning, collection of resource, copy, art and creative design, content review, departmental approvals and budget administration
- Collaborate with internal production team, and external vendors for campaign execution
- Responsible for offline lead generation and acquisition strategy, including managing established approaches and launching new initiatives
- Responsible for design and implementation of mass market new donor acquisition strategy via Direct Mail, hitting established new donor targets at assigned cost to acquire thresholds.
- Collaboration on new donor journey / welcome series via direct mail touchpoints across all audiences and join sources to maximize new donor 2nd gift conversion and retention.
- Develop and execute strategic priorities to optimize program performance and maximize ongoing donor renewal, upgrade and retention of one-time donors via Direct Mail, telemarketing and other media touchpoints.
- Collaborate and support planning and execution of direct mail campaigns to high value audience segments in the sustainer and mid-level donor programs
- Recommend and rigorously implement strategic tests to optimize design efficiencies, increase KPIs for donor segments, balancing quality and quantity of tests to minimize budget impact and drive speed of learning
- Guide direct mail team and creative partners to deliver on time and on budget direct mail campaigns
- Manage direct mail annual budget and mid-year reforecast
- Monitor campaign results, prepare reports and financial analyses
- Responsible for quality assurance, accuracy and branding consistency
- Create strategic and tactical plans to implement rapid response/disaster fundraising programs in response to episodic events
- Responsible for day-to-day supervision and professional development of direct report(s)
- Provide general support for the Vice President, as needed, as well as other related duties identified or assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly skilled at interpersonal, written and oral communications
- Detail oriented and skilled at organizing and marshalling resources
- Proven ability to plan and manage work – process, projects and programs
- Proven capability to measure, evaluate and report results
- Demonstrated skill in supervising and developing direct reports
Minimum Experience & Education
- BS or BA degree or higher in related field, masters is preferred
- Management experience supervising individual contributors or small teams
- 7+ years’ experience in offline direct response marketing or related field
- 3+ years of direct project management or program management experience
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams is desired
- Proven experience in all Google suite and Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word Familiarity with nonprofit CRM and content management systems. Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience
You may be required to travel up to 25% for this position
Our critical mission demands that we have all voices at the table. A team of diverse people, perspectives, and experiences is smarter, stronger, and more effective for our young people. At Covenant House, every team member is valued, respected, heard, and supported, and we welcome honest and courageous self-reflection on any aspects of our work that are based on biased or outdated viewpoints. We deliberately create opportunities for our staff to grow and thrive.
Covenant House International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. If you are fun, dynamic and hardworking come join our awesome international team in an organization with a heart! Our offices are located in Manhattan, however, this position will be remote.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development, Marketing/Communications
Location : New York, NY/Telecommuting is available