Director of Development
Director of Development
The St. Jerome Institute is a private, independent high school that opened in the Fall of 2019. SJI’s distinctive approach is grounded in a Christ-centered, liberal arts curriculum that engages the classical tradition while also addressing contemporary educational concerns. Designed in a seminar format, the curriculum is a unified, four-year program of study that integrates subjects to provide more context, deeper understanding, and greater mastery than a typical lecture style.
At SJI we believe that education fundamentally involves the formation of the human person. Beneath every class, every lesson lies our great responsibility to more deeply engage the question of each student’s destiny and purpose. Children in our society have been underestimated – not merely in terms of what they can come to know or understand, but also in their capacity to love. At SJI, we give students from many communities the opportunity to strike out beyond the cynical, the tired, and the trite offerings so frequently designated to them, so that they may dare to gaze in wonder and awe at the great gift of the world around them. A creative and strategic fundraising program will be key as we work to make this unique educational program accessible to as many different children as possible. Learn more about our program and apply for the Director of Development position at https://stjeromeinstitute.org/
Director of Development (full-time) Reporting to and in partnership with the Headmaster (HM), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts as the St. Jerome Institute.
● Articulate and represent the vision, mission and culture of SJI.
● Develop and execute St. Jerome Institute’s annual fundraising plan.
● Participate in the development of and help to implement the school marketing plan.
● Cultivate a culture of giving in our expanding community.
● Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and other donors.
● Manage the implementation of our fundraising system along with data entry and gift processing.
● Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and a sense of community with all donors.
● Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
● Oversee organization of development events and initiatives.
● Track gift commitments and actual gifts.
● Develop and track proposals and reports for all fundraising.
● BA (required), MA (a plus).
● Experience in development preferred. Salary offer will be commensurate to experience.
● Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
● Knowledge of Raiser's Edge (or an analogous program) preferred.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development, Marketing/Communications
Nonprofit or Corporate : Nonprofit Organization
Location : Washington DC