Director of Individual Giving
Director of Individual Giving
Position is Remote (Selma, AL is HQ)
Director of Individual Giving, Edmundite Missions
The Edmundite Missions has served the poorest of the poor since 1937 and continues to address the challenge of systemic poverty prevalent in Selma and in the Black Belt region of Alabama. We believe that each person is made in the image of God, imparting dignity to each and every person we serve. Our programs relieve the symptoms by responding to the most urgent needs while also promoting the empowerment of people by achieving poverty eradication through educational and employment opportunities. We continually innovate to ensure both the short and long-term success of our fight against poverty.
We are looking for an individual who has the passion and enthusiasm to join an exceptional team of compassionate and dedicated individuals who seek only the greater good for all those we serve here in the Deep South. The Director of Individual Giving will report to our Chief Development Officer. The Director of Individual Giving should be comfortable working remotely.
This is a full-time position and compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.
We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums,
employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, 401K plan with generous 5% employer contribution, paid holidays, and PTO days.
- Create and implement dynamic solicitation, stewardship and cultivation strategies to integrate and expand the major gifts program and secure revenue for the Edmundite Missions.
- Build long-term relationships that result in both major and planned gifts.
- Grow and manage a portfolio of 100-200 donors primarily based in the mid-west and western regions of the United States.
- Manage major donor prospect identification, research and assignment to ensure a continuous pipeline of individuals with leadership giving capacity and inclination.
- Prepare personalized proposals for donors as well as grant proposals for foundations for major and planned gift opportunities.
- Develop comprehensive plans using the donor database, Raisers Edge NXT, to upgrade current donors and encourage increased giving and long-term philanthropy.
- Ensure all contacts and interactions are recorded, tracked and managed using the donor database.
- Assist in strategizing and implementing events and meetings for integrative donor engagement.
- Keep current on changes to tax laws and legislation that impact gift planning vehicles;
- Travels extensively for major donor visits (where applicable/post-pandemic). Individual should be creative and able to confidently build relationships with donors and make solicitations in the acceptable communication preference of the donor.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Non Profit Management. An advanced degree and/or advanced training in an adjunct field such as management, law, accounting, etc. is desirable.
- Possess proven experience in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit major gifts and planned giving fundraising, or with proven major gift experience.
- Possess proven experience in planning, vision and goal achievement in Development.
- Working knowledge of both planned giving instruments and IRS regulations, tax laws and implication for planned gifts is required.
- Must have excellent written and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of the team demonstrating initiative, adaptability, and motivation.
- Most importantly, the Director of Individual Giving should possess the capacity of putting the donor's interest first every time. This requires the ability to listen, to understand, and to empathize with the donor's interests and the strategic objectives of the Edmundite Missions.
- Preference will be given to candidates with successful experience in raising major gifts.
The Edmundite Missions is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. The Edmundite Missions is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization and a founding member of the Catholic Development Council. As such, the Edmundite Missions adheres with the fundraising and accountability standards of the Catholic Development Council.
This is a full-time position and compensation offered will be commensurate with experience. We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums, employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, 401K plan with generous 5% employer contribution, paid holidays, and PTO days.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter describing why you believe you would be a good fit for the position of Director of Individual Giving at the Edmundite Missions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development
Location : Position is Remote (Selma, AL is HQ)