Hybrid (either in Bethesda, MD or Southern Florida)
The YRF Fundraiser plays a pivotal role in ensuring the organization's financial success by effectively managing and achieving fundraising goals through strategic planning, execution, and oversight. This position involves overseeing all aspects of donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations while fostering and maintaining relationships with corporations and other funding sources. The Fundraiser also spearheads the development and implementation of a comprehensive planned-giving program.
Working closely with the Communications Director, volunteer committee members, and Marketing Vendor(s), the Fundraiser is responsible for devising and executing strategies to cultivate positive public awareness of the organization and its programs and activities. This involves utilizing various channels, including print, electronic media, and personal contact, to establish and sustain a favorable image in the public eye.
In addition, the Fundraiser designs and implements a comprehensive fundraising program encompassing individual giving, corporate sponsorship initiatives, special events, donor development and stewardship, special campaigns, and other relevant solicitations. This entails creating tailored strategies to engage and solicit support from diverse donor segments.
Board of Directors
- Works with the Fund Development Committee of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Develops fundraising training for team members and other leadership volunteers.
- Assumes responsibility for all Development reports to the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and to other agencies, and at Board meetings as requested.
- Assists the Board with recommending and researching potential new major donor members.
Fund Development Office Infrastructure
- Oversees the management of gift-related databases, records, and files.
- Performs timely and accurate gift processing.
- Works closely with the Board, Advisory Board and Fundraising Committees to brainstorm on donor cultivation and set annual advancement goals
- Works alongside the CFO to maintain accurate donor and gift records, including administration of the donor database (DonorPerfect).
- Partners with the Marketing Team/Communications to develop and improve public relations and advertising plans promoting YRF’s fundraising goals.
- Communicates the latest YRF activities and events to donors.
- Takes the lead role in the staging and sponsor development for major annual YRF events.
- Must be able to meet monthly goal amounts as set by board and ED
- Establish relationships and participate with local civic organizations to enhance YRF visibility and advancement opportunities.
- Able to generate leads independently and provide weekly reports to ED and monthly to team.
- Submission of direct reports may include: Database/Development/PR Assistant and YRF Volunteers.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in fundraising-related area.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members and donors.
- Proficient in Constant Contact, DonorPerfect, Salesforce, all Google applications, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office, including Sharepoint, Teams, and Onderive.
- Excellent verbal, written, and editing skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team
- Cover Letter
- Work sample
- References required (minimum of 3)
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Focus : Account Management, Administrative, Customer Service, Data Management, Development, Donors/Donations, Fundraising, Planned Giving
Location : Hybrid (either in Bethesda, MD or Southern Florida)
Salary Range : $40,000 - $65,000
Experience Level : Mid Level