Fundraising Strategy Director
Fundraising Strategy Director
Why Concord Direct: You’ll feel good about the work you’re doing at Concord Direct. Our passion is to help nonprofits exceed their goals, grow their programs year-over-year, and help more people, animals, and habitats. Our team of experienced direct marketers has helped us evolve into an all-in-one agency partner for nonprofits that want to generate fundraising results. As an employee, you’ll be proud of the work you’re doing to drive positive change in the world by empowering the work of our nonprofit clients.
About This Position: We’re seeking a talented Fundraising Strategy Director to be the strategic lead for designated client fundraising programs. Working in support of client team(s) on assigned accounts, the Strategy Director is responsible for establishing direct response fundraising program goals and budgets, evaluating performance, and recommending strategic adjustments to keep programs on target for achieving goals. This role will monitor, analyze and leverage data to identify problem areas as well as opportunities for growth, in close collaboration with both clients and CD account teams. Key responsibilities include leading the annual budget development process, recommending measurable objectives and KPIs, regularly presenting results, recommending and prioritizing strategies, advising teams on campaign goals with regard to the budget, identifying target audiences for campaigns, and determining campaign test approaches/outcomes.
We are looking for you to bring knowledge and experience to the following areas:
Strategic Recommendations: We’re looking for you to develop, articulate, and evaluate strategies while maintaining a holistic perspective of a client’s fundraising program, with consideration for goals, budget, channels (direct mail and digital), audiences, and industry benchmarks. You’ll provide critical data points on performance that empower client teams to make data-driven decisions and stay aligned with defined strategic priorities for measurable outcomes. Through results analyses, you’ll monitor metrics and actively lead teams in course-correcting as needed with recommendations that will keep programs on track for meeting objectives.
Trends, Budgets and Planning: Your ability to conduct an in-depth donor file analysis will uncover areas of critical focus for our teams, will inform your exploration of different levels of investment in multi-year growth forecasts, and will guide the annual budgeting process. Once the annual budget is approved, you’ll develop detailed revenue and expense budgets at the channel/campaign level on an annual fiscal year basis for client teams to execute against. You’ll lead each client team in the annual strategic planning process that will create our roadmap, leveraging client program/performance trends to define the year’s measurable objectives, KPI targets, and key strategic priorities needed to reach client goals within the approved annual budget.
Translating Performance Results into Action: Your accurate and insightful analyses of program-level and campaign-level results, including testing outcomes, will readily translate into actionable takeaways to keep programs on track. You’ll guide quarterly/regular campaign planning with strategic ideas and contribute to directional decks/briefs with relevant insight from past campaign results, performance expectations, audience targeting, segmentation/selects (dm, email), offer recommendations, and test approaches.
Are you the one we’re looking for?
We’d prefer you to have a Bachelor’s degree, but we are glad to consider people who bring any relevant background and strong skillsets to the position. Additionally, you’ll have most of the following experience:
- 5-10 years’ fundraising agency or nonprofit program experience in direct response fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to create 3-5 year direct response financial and active file growth forecasts for assigned clients, with a proven ability to grow accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to create detailed program and campaign budgets for assigned clients (annual program/audience and campaign schedules with results projections).
- Proficiency working with data and Excel pivot tables; experience with Tableau a plus.
- Experience in direct mail and email/digital channels; understanding of digital paid media and web metrics a plus.
- Experience analyzing data and translating the analysis into actionable steps to improve direct response fundraising performance, with specific strategic recommendations and fundraising/campaign tactics.
- Proficiency in creating and delivering concise, insightful summaries and presentations. Proficiency in PowerPoint is required.
- Strong listening skills to understand clients’ visible and invisible needs, as well as an ability to recognize a situation needing a resolution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate needs and ideas accurately, clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Strong initiative, curiosity, creativity with problem solving, and a sense of humor, plus a drive for professional growth, learning, and individual success.
Location and Benefits
We welcome applications from candidates across the country. The person in this role will be interacting daily with people who are 100% remote, and we welcome more full-time remote employees. Though we support flexible schedules, it’s important to note that our clients are largely based in Eastern Time. We are headquartered in Concord, NH and have employees across all four U.S. time zones. Additionally, there will be some limited travel to conferences and in-person client meetings required.
We offer a competitive salary, a casual and collaborative work environment, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and paid volunteer time
- Health insurance with dental plan and vision discount program
- Company wellness program, company-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and HSA/Flex spending account
- Life insurance and short-term disability insurance
- Values-led rewards and recognition program
Culture Matters: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Concord Direct, we believe that it takes diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to develop the most powerful and successful solutions for our nonprofit clients. Guided by our company values—curiosity, commitment, collaboration, community, integrity and innovation—we work to foster an environment where people thrive because of their differences, not in spite of them. We aspire to be more diverse, and welcome applicants from all walks of life. If you believe you exemplify our values and want to help us build a more inclusive, diverse and equitable work environment, we encourage you to apply.
Concord Direct is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Ready to Apply?
Please email resume, salary requirements, and a letter telling us why you are perfect for this job to email@example.com, or visit us at https://www.concorddirect.com/about/careers/ No phone calls please.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Focus : Data Management
Location : Remote Position
Experience Level : Senior Level