Compassion & Choices is seeking an Jr. Graphic Designer to advance our work to improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
This position is primarily responsible for the facilitation of the production of a diverse range of visual digital communications, including social media graphics, email graphics, web graphics, scalable SVG files, and other digital projects as needed to support the digital communication and marketing needs.
This person will be responsible for tracking, coordinating, prioritizing, scheduling, and distributing projects to ensure high-quality products are produced on-time and on-budget and distributed to C&C offices and staff.
Requires a self-starter with strong organization, project management, and production time estimating skills.
This position includes contributing to the data asset management system (photo library) Swivl. It also includes project managing digital design projects. The person should have a strong grasp of typography, design, layout, graphic design trends and best practices, color theory, files formats (SVG, JPG, PNG, PDF) and following visual brand guidelines.
We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums, employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, flexible spending account for medical and child care, commuter pre-tax benefit, eligibility to participate in 401K with generous 5% employer match and 100% vested at time of eligibility, 12 paid holidays, 17 PTO days first year, and personal days.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Oversee the production of projects from inception to completion, setting deadlines and following up to ensure they are met. Keep appropriate staff informed of project status.
- Responsible for design invoices by cross checking with vendor estimates and coding for accounting when requested by the Director Digital Content Strategy.
- Provide production advice prior to creation of collateral – specs, best practices, etc.
- Support email, website, advertisement, and social media design needs.
- Design and manage “self-service” templates in Canva and/or other programs that program staff can use for simple design projects
- Design PDFs and print materials as needed for the advocacy team.
- Provide design reviews and feedback as needed.
- Provide a strong attention to detail and proofread written content on designed products.
- Work on design projects ranging from flyers, brochures, fact sheets, palm cards, ads, infographics, presentations, social/online graphics while following our visual identity guidelines
- Create best practice guidelines as needed for digital design.
- Follow Compassion & Choices editorial and branding style guides.
- Ensure communications products are always respectful, culturally competent, and inclusive.
- Timely and accurate completion of related reports (such as “P card” statement, performance reviews, time cards, etc.).
- Demonstrates commitment to and active support of C&C’s Diversity & Inclusion program.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Preferred Qualifications (You will be a good fit):
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year working in graphic design programs professionally
- Must submit a portfolio that demonstrates knowledge of digital design expertise
- Degree or certificate in design preferred
- Understanding of color theory, composition, typography and design best practices
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheet and Word Processing software and any other software directly related to this position. Working in a Google environment is desired.
- Understanding of Canva, Photoshop, PowerPoint, InDesign, for design, editing, and layout.
- Preferred experience (but not needed) in CSS and web and email design.
- Knowledge to prepare files for offset/digital printing
Values: Must be energized by the idea of working at an organization with the following values:
- Compassionate in our conviction that dying patients should be free of unwanted treatment, suffering or outside interference.
- Respectful of the autonomy of individuals to decide what end-of-life options are best for them and their family.
- Courageous in our willingness to confront the toughest end-of-life health challenges, disrupt the broken status quo and protect an individual’s right to self-determination.
- Credible in all our education, advocacy and partnerships — our efforts are grounded in objective research and demonstrable facts.
- Resilient in our capacity to respond to opportunities and threats in the movement so that we can achieve our vision as quickly as possible.
How to Apply:
Current resume and cover letter should be submitted as one PDF document. In your cover letter, please (1) indicate how your personal philosophy aligns with our mission, (2) provide a brief summary of your directly related experience, and (3) provide your salary expectation (with a specific amount/range vs ‘negotiable’).
Questions about the position may be directed to Jobs@compassionandchoices.org. To apply, please click HERE.
About Compassion & Choices
Across the nation, Compassion & Choices works to create a society that affirms life and accepts the inevitability of death, embraces expanded options for compassionate dying, and empowers everyone to choose end-of-life care that reflects their values, priorities and beliefs. To make this vision a reality, we improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
Compassion & Choices is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Link to Job Description: https://compassionandchoices.org/about-us/employment
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Focus : Digital Communications, Social Media
Location : Remote Position
Experience Level : Entry Level