Major Gift Officer
Major Gift Officer
Glen Rock, NJ
Charity Navigator is looking for a talented individual to join our dynamic team as a skilled major gift officer (MGO). The successful applicant will manage a portfolio of mid-tier and major donors, identify and research new prospects, and drive revenue that will support the growth of Charity Navigator.
If you are a fundraising professional with a proven track record of finding, stewarding, and cultivating supporters, and have a passion for Charity Navigator’s mission of impactful philanthropy for all, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with individual prospects and donors; manage a dynamic portfolio of at least 150 donors.
- Initiate and solicit gifts for Charity Navigator with a focus on identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual prospects with the potential to support the organization with gifts of $10,000 and above, executing 100+ meaningful visits annually and generating at least $500,000 in annual revenue.
- Manage and document all conversations and contacts with prospects in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Facilitate high-touch engagements between executive team members and board members with prospects and donors, when appropriate.
- Track and report progress of major gift fundraising metrics.
- Work with Chief Relationship Officer to develop a robust planned giving program to create a more sustainable future for Charity Navigator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree appreciated.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of major gifts experience with demonstrated accomplishment in the acquisition of gifts from individuals, including direct ask experience. The demonstrated ability to strategize, formulate, and close gifts of five and six figures and above, and reach annual fundraising goals and targets.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive, trust-based relationships across a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills; demonstrably strong planning and organization skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently and the ability to collaborate with others for productive outcomes.
- Superb judgment in all areas related to frontline fundraising.
- Process- and detail-oriented; strong project management; proactive.
Charity Navigator is the world’s largest and most-utilized independent charity evaluator. The organization guides informed giving by evaluating the financial health, accountability, and transparency of charities and by providing data about 1.7 million nonprofits, accessed more than 10 million times annually. Charity Navigator does not charge the organizations it evaluates, ensuring unbiased evaluations, nor does it charge the public for this trusted data. As a result, Charity Navigator, a 501(c)(3) public charity itself, depends on support from individuals, corporations, and foundations that believe it provides a much-needed service to America's charitable givers.
This is an exempt position. Salary is paid on a bi-weekly basis in accordance with Charity Navigator’s standard payroll practices for employees.
Charity Navigator is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, and an employer-matched retirement savings plan.
Charity Navigator provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please apply using the link below:
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development
Nonprofit or Corporate : Nonprofit Organization
Location : Glen Rock, NJ