Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of approximately 450 local chapters, 120 campus chapters, 17 state and regional offices, 34 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 50 states, and 700 staff across the country.
The National Audubon Society is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, inclusion and equal opportunity and actively seek a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Direct Response, the Manager, Direct Response Data and Analytics will be responsible for the direct response marketing database (EveryAction) and provide support for the analysis of program performance. The Manager will work closely with program area managers for low dollar, mid-level, and digital. The primary responsibility of this role is to be the database business analyst for direct response. This will also include understanding the data integration with Salesforce and partnering with the IT data team and Development Services in maintaining the quality of Audubon’s donor data across all platforms. This position will support the department’s use of the EveryAction marketing database for direct mail, telemarketing and digital. This role will also support the Senior Director, Direct Response, and Vice President in fundraising analysis, and engage extensively with external strategy consultants.
New York or DC are prefered locations, however we will consider applicants from across the US.
- Maintain the EveryAction marketing database working in collaboration with IT, Development Services and EveryAction.
- Validate results of Salesforce integration
- Troubleshoot data problems and work with other internal stakeholders to address
- Support Direct Response consultants in their use of our data
- Use EveryAction to run mailplans and pull data as needed for direct response
- Support the Senior Director and Vice President with analytics and project management around implementation of new data initiatives to help improve the donor experience and improve fundraising performance.
- Act as the Department’s leader on the EveryAction database working in conjunction with Director of Digital Platforms
- Support combined integrated data analysis with Digital Engagement team
- Manage reporting on all programs and campaigns working in conjunction with external analytics and fundraising consultants, ensuring consistency and accuracy of reporting.
- Strive to innovate; research and make recommendations on new technologies and techniques relevant to data analysis.
- Assist direct response team with review of data output files and segmentation logic.
- Other projects as needed that are appropriate to the role.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA or BS with a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, business or economics a plus
- 5 years work experience preferred
- Knowledge of or familiarity with SQL
- Excellent data analysis skills, including ability to analyze processes and workflows to find efficiencies
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders across different internal departments and external vendors
- Comfortable with a dynamic work environment, and demonstrated ability to resolve problems, ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and manage resources effectively
- Experience with complex data sets a must, knowledge of CRM technology and data integration preferred
- Ability and interest in quickly learning a variety of new digital resources, processes and techniques
- Ability to negotiate services and pricing with vendors
- Ability to create consensus and work effectively across departments
- Excellent verbal, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and digital production skills preferred
- Familiarity with EveryAction and Salesforce highly desired
- Must have experience with business intelligence tools (such as Microsoft BI, Tableau, Looker, Data Studio or Periscope)
- A deep commitment to the mission, values, programs, and goals of the National Audubon Society
The National Audubon Society endeavors to make https://careers-audubon.icims.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Accommodations@audubon.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development
Location : New York NY & Washington, DC