Manager, Livestream Community
Manager, Livestream Community
Washington, DC (Position could be fully remote for the right candidate)
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Livestream Community Manager will work under the guidance of the Senior Manager, STREAM for No Kid Hungry to support and retain our livestream fundraising community, with a primary focus on engaging and stewarding existing STREAM supporters and retaining their support year-over-year. This individual will have a deep knowledge of streaming and fundraising within streaming and social media sites including Discord and Twitch.
This position is preferably based in Washington D.C. but could be fully remote for the right candidate. This position offers a range of $65,000-$75,000.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate and engage STREAM for No Kid Hungry supporters:
- On social media channels:
- Engage with existing STREAM supporters and identify and recruit new supporters on Twitter, Discord and Twitch. Lead content creation for those accounts with support from vendors and team members.
- Partner with Social Media team to create a monthly livestream content calendar for global No Kid Hungry social media channels
- Regularly search Twitter to identify, track and interact with posts in reference to No Kid Hungry charity streams. Frequently visit fundraising streams hosted for No Kid Hungry showing gratitude for their support.
- Manage Discord server to post regular content to engage and update our community, inviting new members, responding to member posts and questions and monitoring content to ensure a positive environment that aligns with our core values. Join and post in other targeted Discord servers.
- Lead the quarterly STREAM newsletter strategy and help identify creators to highlight
- Lead and maintain the STREAM for No Kid Hungry Ambassador program including recruiting members and providing the necessary content for them to promote campaigns
- Support STREAM participants with any technical assistance during their streams
- Manage the incentive program from strategy to fulfillment
- Partner with the Senior Manager on recruitment strategy. Build a target list of streamers and regularly watch and post on their streams on Twitch, Facebook, etc.
- Support Senior Manager with livestream events hosted by No Kid Hungry including building campaign toolkits for our creators
- Represent No Kid Hungry at industry events such as TwitchCon and Pax
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in gaming and livestreaming
- Experience livestreaming, creating content and engaging with followers on a regular basis
- Experience with livestream fundraising tools like Tiltify, Streamlabs and SoftGiving
- Experience on popular gaming/livestream digital channels such as YouTube, Twitch and Discord
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, from creators to corporations
- Demonstrate professionalism and align with our organizational values
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and strong internet research skills.
- Strong communication skills (social, e-mail and phone) and the ability to work with many different levels.
- Strong adaptability and ability to handle multiple tasks.
COVID Vaccination Requirement:
Share Our Strength is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our staff. In order to maintain this safety, we have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all staff. This position is subject to the policy (on the website). If selected for the role you will be required to present proof of full vaccination prior to your start date.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to end hunger and poverty in the U.S. and abroad. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results. This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that every individual can live a healthy and productive life.
START YOUR APPLICATION - please click HERE
All shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email from @email.clrco.com, @hrmdirect.com, or @clearcompany.com - please monitor all of your email folders for messages from those domains!
Recruitment Scam Warning
Unathorized individuals claiming to work for Share Our Strength (or No Kid Hungry, Cooking Matters, or Community Wealth Partners) have extended fake, and often unsolicited, employment offers to individuals. These scams use legitimate job boards, networks, and social media platforms and may use an unauthorized Share Our Strength, No Kid Hungry, Cooking Matters, or Community Wealth Partners logo, employee name, and/or title.
Share Our Strength does not extend offers of employment without application to positions on our careers website or without interviews. Share Our Strength posts all career opportunities (contract, full- and part-time roles, Youth Ambassadors, internships) on our careers page and on recognized industry-specific websites, including LinkedIn, Idealist, Chronicle of Philanthropy, Handshake, and a few others. Offers of employment from Share Our Strength (or No Kid Hungry, Cooking Matters, or Community Wealth Partners) never come from free or personal email domains (gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com, hotmail.com, etc.). Share Our Strength does not require individuals to release personal data—personal contacts, social security number, tax documents, or banking information—early in the interview process. Share Our Strength will never request financial information for an applicant to secure a job as an employee or a contractor.
If you’re unexpectedly offered a position with Share Our Strength, No Kid Hungry, Cooking Matters, or Community Wealth Partners that raises a red flag:
Verify the legitimacy of a job by visiting our Careers page.
Report that suspicious job ad or email; contact email@example.com and include as much detail as possible.
DO NOT SHARE personal information until you have verified that the offer/position is legitimate.
Job Type : Full-Time
Experience Level : Mid Level
Job Function : Development, Donors/Donations
Location : Washington, DC (Position could be fully remote for the right candidate)
Salary Range : $65,000-$75,000