Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Manage Feeding America’s B2C social media strategy across priority platforms inclusive of planning, goal setting, execution and monitoring of the digital content marketing plan, in alignment with overall digital marketing strategy to drive brand awareness and supporter engagement with a north star of loyalty.
Salary Range: $66,000 to $85,000+ Based on Experience
- Manage the social media marketing strategy across all social media properties, in coordination with digital and organization-wide content strategy and marketing plan — informing/coordinating with paid media, donated media, email marketing, cause/corporate partner campaigns, etc.
- Develop and maintain social content, inclusive of editorial calendar, to drive loyalty to the mission and organization, and coordinate with interdepartmental team to incorporate applicable content (communications, brand, direct marketing, cause campaigns, program, advocacy, network) and curate for optimal engagement and action via social platforms. Plan and support key Feeding America campaigns and events through social media (e.g., Hunger Action Month, Summer Hunger, Holiday) including content strategy, engagement plans and execution.
- Monitor environment to identify trending (or potentially trending) topics or moments that may be opportunities or could represent threats to the organization or community, creating an initial POV to elevate to leadership.
- Develop documentation and ensure ongoing maintenance of organizational social media guidelines, best practices and administrator permissions and roles. Develop processes to coordinate and meet interdepartmental needs, such as influencer and media outreach plan with Communication dept.
- Serve as channel and Feeding America social media expert to inform digital influencer engagement strategies, coordinating with brand, communications, advocacy, donated media, paid media, email marketing, cause/corporate partner campaigns, etc. to meet Feeding America marketing and social media goals and objectives.
- Work with Marketing leadership to create and establish regular reporting and analysis of social media metrics / KPIs to monitor and analyzing social media performance based on organizational goals of brand awareness and engagement.
- Work with Marketing leadership to create and establish regular social conversation and listening analysis to inform social, communications/marketing and organizational strategies to educate and mobilize the public in the fight to end hunger.
- Serve as subject matter expert on social media practices staying abreast of quickly evolving social media environment and serving in consultation to key stakeholders throughout the organization including donor recognition, advocacy, corporate partners, brand marketing and network members.
- Support digital marketing coordinator(s) in prioritizing projects and timelines and oversee ongoing community management, influencer engagement and deliverables.
- Responsible for overseeing community management, inclusive of social media inbox (FB/Twitter/IG direct messages), maintenance of community guidelines, and providing hands on community management support.
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through word and action. Is committed to keeping people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different backgrounds and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Manages Risk: Understands and adheres to organization processes to ensure prudent risk management. Exercises sound judgment in making operational decisions. Identifies and raises issues that could threaten Feeding America’s reputation and credibility.
- Leverages Functional Expertise: Leverages advanced functional knowledge to shape decisions and plans. Uses professional experience to fix processes and make improvements to practices, policies, and procedures. Tracks latest practices and innovations and ways these could improve processes within the organization.
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals: Translates project goals into SMART team and/or individual goals consistent with overall department strategy. Defines clear project deliverables and monitors and reports against progress.
- Communicates Effectively: Effectively communicates project and operating priorities to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors and other audiences. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided. Communicates clearly and effectively through verbal and written communication across individual, small group and formal presentation settings.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally: Actively supports collaboration within and between departments and with key stakeholders. Seeks input and resolves issues with a focus on mission and what’s best for the people we serve.
Required Technical Competencies, Experience & Certifications
- Five plus years of social media and content creation experience plus 2 years’ experience in digital marketing. Nonprofit experience a plus. National audience experience a plus. Excellent writing, editing and communications skills required. Experience in developing creative campaigns and direct marketing offers which inspire action.
- Ability to analyze program effectiveness to extract insights and drive measurable results.
- Strong creative (writing & editing), diplomatic, interpersonal and presenting skills.
- Experience with social media community and platform management tools, i.e., Meltwater, Sprout Social, HootSuite, HubSpot, Sprinklr.
- Must be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced working environment, with occasional work outside standard business hours, experience with crisis or disaster management a plus.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Junior, Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Marketing/Communications, Digital, Development
Location : Chicago, IL
Salary Range : $66,000-$85,000+ Based on Experience