Woodbridge, VA/Hybrid of Working Environment Available
The Armed Services YMCA of the USA (ASYMCA) is seeking an experienced and motivated Marketing/Development Coordinator to work at its headquarters office in Woodbridge, VA. Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer, the Marketing/Development Coordinator will provide support to the national Development Team. The Coordinator will be responsible for balancing competing deadlines, managing multiple high-priority projects, and working in a variety of areas within the team (events, marketing, and fundraising).
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION - FOR SIX (6) MONTHS, 40 HOURS PER WEEK.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide superior support, via email and phone, to Development Team members
- Donation processing – enter gifts, manage pledge reconciliation, update contact records, run reports, utilize platform to manage related documents (specific to grants/foundations/sponsorship).
- Draft copy for donor communications vehicles (email, mail, publications)
- Data merge, collate, and prepare letters for signature; prepare and finalize mailing of signed letters
- Coordinate, schedule and participate in external and internal meetings for the team
- Act as liaison between the Development Team and Finance in providing accurate and timely information for reports, audits, etc.
Special Events coordination, namely ASYMCA’s annual Angels of the Battlefield fundraising event:
- Management of award nominee selection process, including outreach and follow up with military representatives.
- Track and monitor sponsor deliverables
- Manage RSVPs, ticket and table sales (manually or via event platform)
- Manage awards process (vendor, collection, distribution)
- Assist in securing in-kind sponsors and vendors and auction items
- Prepare briefing books and other external resources for speakers and dignitaries in attendance
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers and coordinate volunteer roles/responsibilities
- Update and track incoming revenue and expenses
- Track grant submission needs and deliverables
- Assist in drafting grant applications
- Provide reporting as required
- Collect content for newsletters
- Write and publish blog
- Work with the Marketing Manager to create and execute editorial calendar for social channels
- Make website updates
- Represent the Armed Services YMCA with a positive and professional demeanor.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the National Headquarters Team.
- Adhere to ASYMCA’s organizational policies and procedures.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in project management or other relevant business experience required.
- Experience with fundraising software preferred.
- Experience with project management platforms preferred.
- Development of social media content preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient with using computer, Internet, Microsoft Office, and basic office equipment.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent follow up skills.
- Highly self-motivated and possess superb time management skills
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments with little supervision
- Able to present a professional and positive demeanor.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must successfully complete the ASYMCA background check.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only those candidates who best meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Armed Services YMCA of the USA is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $21.00 - $26.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: Number of staff and visitors to the facility is limited and strictly monitored.
Applicants must submit a resume to Vickie L. Robinson, Director of Human Resource at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Temporary
Education Level : High School, Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Administrative, Development, Marketing/Communications, Data Management, Customer Service
Location : Woodbridge, VA/Hybrid of Working Environment Available