Membership Marketing and Production Manager
Membership Marketing and Production Manager
Reston, VA (Telecommuting Is Available)
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and nearly seven million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, etc. The mission of the Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure that wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The Federation believes that in order to save wildlife and ourselves, we need to ensure that all Americans have access to clean air and water, safe communities, easy and equitable access to nature, and protection from the ravages of climate change. These basic needs, equally necessary and urgent for all people, are foundational to bringing the conservation movement and ethos into the 21st century.
To support our mission we are seeking a Membership Marketing and Production Manager to join our team based out of our headquarters office in Reston, VA (Due to COVID-19 all employees are working remotely until we make return to work decisions.). The Membership Marketing and Production Manager will lead production efforts for the membership team as well as support the Director, Membership in fundraising and engagement efforts in the Appeals, Renewals and NW Magazine programs, building on the success of a well-established enterprise, and working across teams to position the Federation’s mass constituency programs for future growth.
The role is primarily focused on managing the creative and production processes associated with the direct mail appeal and renewal marketing programs. The Membership Marketing and Production Manager provides campaign oversight from inception to implementation. They will deliver hands-on management on package development, meeting budget requirements, and orchestrating the creative and production processes.
The Membership Marketing and Production Manager will work closely with NWF production vendors and control the production phase to consistently deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective appeal and renewal campaigns that meet or exceed budgeted net revenue targets. They will help coordinate membership appeal and renewal campaigns, ensuring that final approvals for pre-ordering paper, art creation, proofs, set-ups, insertions, component grids, mail shop instructions, and inventory are accurate and timely. The Membership Marketing and Production Manager will also create all NW Magazine inserts and cover wraps, and manage all magazine set-up approvals.
The Membership Marketing and Production Manager will support the Director, Membership in building a value-oriented membership base of support. They will collaborate closely with the Director, Membership in developing donor-centered, multichannel plans and strategies to effectively engage Americans in all the ways they relate to the natural world, whether as outdoor enthusiasts, hikers, climbers, cyclists, campers, hunters, anglers, birders, educators, farmers or conservation stewards, and from all walks of life, every state and political stripe.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with key external agency partners and creative and production vendors to produce fiscally sound marketing and engagement strategies across channels to maximize lifetime value of NWF members.
- Work with internal teams to conceptualize and develop direct marketing appeal and renewal campaigns that support membership strategies.
- Participate and attend all meetings critical to the development and enhancement of appeal and renewal strategy including but not limited to: kick-off meetings and campaign performance reviews.
- Coordinate all aspects of the production process with production vendors to include pre- ordering paper, approving proofs, creating component grids and mailshop instructions, verifying set-ups and insertion samples, and managing inventory.
- Work closely with production partners to ensure scheduling, logistical and cost issues are discussed and resolved efficiently and effectively.
- Provide package specifications and communicate messaging and creative ideas to designers and writers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in membership, fundraising or direct marketing, ideally for a complex national organization.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines is required.
- Must have experience working with a variety of vendors and managing out-sourced functions.
- Passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places is highly desirable. Experience in environmental conservation a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and, when necessary, as an integral part of the team. Solid team building skills will serve this position well.
- Professionalism, with superior interpersonal abilities, communications and political savvy, and excellent time management and organization skills.
- Knowledge of industry trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with CRM and other fundraising software, various databases and management reporting tools.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF's mission
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is currently $60,000-$75,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits in 2021! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), 10 holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management
The National Wildlife Federation closely follows the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease and has implemented processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, and communities. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we conduct our hiring process virtually via phone or video until further notice. We are currently starting our positions as remote, and are continuing to explore what our future of work will be moving forward. Proof of vaccination will be required to join the National Wildlife Federation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job, therefore our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Your experience, which may include paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, helps build the competencies and knowledge that translates to our openings. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the application or interview process by reaching us at email@example.com 703-438-6244.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Mid Level
Job Function : Marketing/Communications
Location : Reston, VA (Telecommuting Is Available)
Salary Range : $60,000-$75,000