Mid-Level Giving Manager
Mid-Level Giving Manager
Washington, DC (Hybrid/flexible schedule is available)
Washington National Cathedral is looking for a Mid-Level Giving Manager to be an integral member of our dynamic Development team of mission-driven, energetic fundraising professionals. This position will partner and collaborate with key stakeholders to create the overall strategy for the Cathedral’s mid-level program, donors giving $1,000 - $10,000 annually. The Mid-Level Giving Manager will create, cultivate and steward meaningful relationships through regular phone, mail and email communications to grow support and affinity for the Cathedral, and will solicit gifts when appropriate.
The Mid-Level Giving Manager will serve as the primary relationship manager for these giving $1,000 - $10,000 annually. Using data analytics and in partnership with our outside vendor partner and key internal colleagues, this position will inform the overall plan, create metrics and manage the pipeline for personal outreach with the goal of ensuring these donors feel appreciated and connected to the Cathedral. This position will attend engagement opportunities to connect with mid-level donors face-to-face including Sunday services, programs, concerts and events. This position will also provide leadership and support to a dedicated group of volunteers in their stewardship efforts making thank you calls.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DONOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
1. Serve as key liaison to mid-level donors ($1,000 - $10,000 annual giving).
a. Develop and manage a strategy of regular communication and outreach via phone, email and mail efforts.
b. Maintain relationships with donors throughout the year to nurture giving, share Cathedral updates and impact stories.
c. Deepen donors’ knowledge, commitment and relationship with the Cathedral through creative engagement planning.
d. Ask thoughtful and strategic questions, inspiring donors to communicate philanthropic goals.
2. Respond to donor-initiated contact and ensure timely responsiveness.
a. Serve as an advocate for the Cathedral, providing information to and about the Cathedral as necessary or requested by the donor.
1. In partnership with outside vendor partners, monitor mid-level donor giving with attention to stewardship, cultivation and solicitation strategies.
a. Meet program’s activity and revenue goals by planning, managing and maintaining an aggressive outreach and engagement schedule.
b. Contribute ideas and experience to help evolve messaging, design and processes for Mid-level Giving.
c. Adhere to moves management system to retain and upgrade donors.
d. Help launch new initiatives to extend operations and reach.
e. Coordinate and collaborate as needed across the Development team.
2. Qualify prospects for potential major gift capacity and interest.
a. Provide appropriate background on prospects to be assigned to Major Gift portfolios.
b. Partner with major gift and planned giving officers to select programmatic and other restricted fundraising activities to coordinate prospects and gifts.
3. Utilize analytics and reporting tools to inform strategic and tactical decision-making and to measure progress against benchmarks/data.
a. Monitor and analyze the results and trends.
b. Make recommendations to improve metrics and efficiencies.
4. Use Raiser's Edge database to maintain up-to-date records in the database of donor engagement and moves management within identified timeframes.
1. Lead volunteer outreach geared toward annual stewardship and/or renewal outreach.
2. Partner with Development Committee volunteers to conduct phone call campaigns.
Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
2. Three or more years of demonstrated experience in annual giving, membership, donor relations/donor services, direct response and/or transferable constituent-facing roles.
3. Experience with external partner or client management experience.
4. Facility with MS Office; experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor database required.
5. Washington National Cathedral requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any boosters recommended and available to the general public, in the absence of eligibility for medical or religious exemptions.
1. Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively with a high-achieving team.
2. Excellent communication, both oral and written with internal and external constituents, and professional presentation skills.
3. Ability to interact with tact and diplomacy with high-level donors, volunteers and decision-makers.
4. Self-motivated, adaptable, proactive and able to inspire and motivate others.
5. Ability to maintain a high level of donor confidentiality.
6. Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and competing deadlines.
7. Flexibility and resiliency, along with a sense of humor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment among diverse internal and external constituencies.
2. Strong initiative, creativity and attention to detail.
3. Appreciation for calling donors, expressing gratitude and developing relationships through good listening and asking thoughtful and strategic questions.
4. Excellent time management, attention to detail and project management skills.
5. Commitment to and enthusiasm about the mission and vision of Washington National Cathedral.
6. Working knowledge of Episcopal Church traditions, customs and hierarchy.
1. This position requires work on site. Must be available to work on site as scheduled or requested.
2. Ability to work on occasional weekends, including approximately 1 – 3 Sunday mornings per month.
3. Flexibility in daily schedules when the Cathedral hosts funerals, State events and other special events. Development staff is required to assist with these events and may need to adjust priorities with little notice.
4. The position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending and stooping in the performance of daily activities.
5. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in preparing reports using a computer keyboard.
6. The position also requires near and far vision for reading and preparing written reports and other required documents.
Washington National Cathedral is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a more diverse and inclusive atmosphere for all. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Washington National Cathedral seeks individuals who are committed to our mission. We appreciate interest from those who will contribute to an atmosphere in which diversity is valued and supported.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume, and please note job code C22-06, to email@example.com.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid Level
Job Function : Customer Service, Development, Fundraising, Planned Giving, Donors/Donations
Location : Washington, DC (Hybrid/flexible schedule is available)
Salary Range : $60,000 - $75,000 annual salary