Philanthropy Gift Officer - Northeast
Philanthropy Gift Officer - Northeast
New York/New Jersey (Remote)
Position: Philanthropy Gift Officer - Northeast
Salary: $100,000 - $115,000/yr
Compassion & Choices is seeking a Philanthropy Gift Officer to help advance our work to improve
care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
This position is responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting five and six figure gifts from
prospects and major donors living in the north east with an emphasis on the New York City metro area.
The ideal candidate must have a track record of soliciting and closing major and principal gifts, an
understanding of moves management and demonstrated experience developing long term philanthropic
relationships while consistently meeting fundraising goals. Experience closing six figure gifts and above
from individuals is preferred.
This is a full-time, remotely-located, paid position reporting to the Chief Development Officer.
Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience.
We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums,
employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance,
flexible spending account for medical and child care, commuter pre-tax benefit, eligibility to participate
in 401K with generous 5% employer match and 100% vested at time of eligibility, 11 paid holidays, 17
PTO days first year, and floating holidays.
Primarily, the person in this position:
● Manage a portfolio of approximately 130 current donors utilizing moves management to renew
and increase giving.
● Work with the chief development officer, program staff and other leadership to begin and
maintain a fast pace of cultivating and soliciting gifts from current and prospective donors.
● Work with organizational leadership and current supporters to identify new prospects capable
of making major or principal gifts.
● Coordinate and manage local events and activities that engages current and prospective
● Collaborate with the program team on overall fundraising opportunities within the region.
● The candidate will contribute by employing and role-modeling key processes and programs that
support an office-wide emphasis on collaborations, efficiencies and metrics/performance based
Preferred Qualifications (You will be a good fit):
Education and Experience:
● B.A. in Business, Marketing, Communications or Non-Profit Management– or an equivalency of
related experience and/or education may be considered.
● Seven (7) years’ experience in nonprofit development, event planning, marketing,
communications, or high-end sales (or equivalent combination of experience and education)
including a minimum of 6 years of direct fundraising experience, ideally raising gifts of $100,000
● Excellent oral and written communication
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● High level attention to detail; ability to meet all deadlines.
● Ability to read and interpret documents and reports. Ability to respond to inquiries or
complaints from donors. Ability to effectively present information to donors, volunteers,
organizational management, and public groups.
How to Apply :
Email current resume and cover letter as one combined PDF document to
HR@CompassionAndChoices.org. In the subject line of your email, indicate “Last_First Name, PGONE
01-2021”. In your cover letter, please (1) indicate how your personal philosophy aligns with our mission,
(2) provide a brief summary of your directly related experience, and (3) provide your salary expectation
(with a specific amount/range vs ‘negotiable’).
Questions about the position may be directed to HR@compassionandchoices.org.
About Compassion & Choices
Across the nation, Compassion & Choices works to create a society that affirms life and accepts the
inevitability of death, embraces expanded options for compassionate dying, and empowers everyone to
choose end-of-life care that reflects their values, priorities and beliefs. To make this vision a reality, we
improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
Compassion & Choices is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make
up our country. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer
any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic
identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any
other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Link to Job Description: APPLY HERE or https://compassionandchoices.org/about-us/employment
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development
Nonprofit or Corporate : Nonprofit Organization
Location : New York/New Jersey (Remote)