Senior Development Associate
Senior Development Associate
Position: Senior Development Associate (California) (Temporary)
Location: California (Remote)
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
Compassion & Choices is seeking a Senior Development Associate to help advance our medical outreach and education efforts across the country. This position is primarily responsible for coordination and assistance with the outreach, cultivation and solicitation of donors in California for our campaign to renew the law. This position will support the Philanthropy Gift Officer by organizing gatherings (via zoom or in person if appropriate), maintaining and tracking donor lists, coordinating and supporting the fundraising efforts of volunteer fundraisers and maintaining a small portfolio of mid-level donors to engage and solicit.
This is a full-time, California-located, paid position reporting to the National Director of Development. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience. This is a temporary position with funding for 2 years.
We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums, employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, flexible spending account for medical and child care, commuter pre-tax benefit, eligibility to participate in 401K with generous 5% employer match and 100% vested at time of eligibility, 9 paid holidays, 17 PTO days first year, and floating holidays.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
● Working with the Philanthropy Gift Officer coordinate and manage the tracking of outreach to donors in California
● Maintain a portfolio of mid-level donors to cultivate and ask to support the work of Compassion & Choices.
● In coordination with the Philanthropy Gift Officer support with the logistics of key volunteers and consultants doing donor outreach and solicitation.
● Provide support to the devo services team for work being done in the territory for the Philanthropy Gift Officer/West Coast and other duties as assigned.
● Support of all C&C efforts as requested; including, but not limited to, activities such as identifying prospects, briefing donors, alerting staff of fundraising opportunities, reaching out to donors, participating in phone-athons, etc
Preferred Qualifications (You will be a good fit):
Education and Experience:
● B.A. in Business, Marketing, Communications or Non-Profit Management– or an equivalency of related experience and/or education may be considered.
● Four (4) years’ experience in nonprofit development, event planning, marketing, communications, or high-end sales (or equivalent combination of experience and/or education) including 1-2 years experience in individual direct fundraising experience.
● Excellent oral and written communication
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● High level attention to detail; ability to meet all deadlines.
● Computer Skills: Familiarity with donor databases, and basic prospect research tools and Microsoft Office suite
How to Apply:
Email current resume and cover letter as one PDF document to HR@CompassionAndChoices.org. In the subject line of your email, indicate “Last_First Name, SDAC 11-2020”. In your cover letter, please (1) indicate how your personal philosophy aligns with our mission, (2) provide a brief summary of your directly related experience, and (3) provide your salary expectation (with a specific amount/range vs ‘negotiable’). Questions about the position may be directed to HR@compassionandchoices.org.
About Compassion & Choices
Across the nation, Compassion & Choices works to create a society that affirms life and accepts the inevitability of death, embraces expanded options for compassionate dying, and empowers everyone to choose end-of-life care that reflects their values, priorities and beliefs. To make this vision a reality, we improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
Compassion & Choices is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Link to Job Description: https://compassionandchoices.org/about-us/employment
Job Type : Full-Time, Temporary
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Account Management, Development
Nonprofit or Corporate : Nonprofit Organization
Location : California (Remote)