Senior Manager, Gift Administration
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Senior Manager, Gift Administration will lead a team responsible for processing and recording 300,000 + transactions annually into our database of record (Raiser’s Edge), posting transactions to the general ledger (Financial Edge), overseeing donor receipting/acknowledgement, and reconciling all transactional data with Finance. The Senior Manager will provide internal expertise on gift acceptance policies, system, and procedures as well as IRS rules regarding recording and receipting charitable gifts. Additional responsibilities include management of two Donor Operations team members, serving as the main liaison between Donor Operations and Finance, initiating projects to improve internal operations, facilitating timely reconciliation and closings, and backing up the Director, as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as first point of contact for all incoming revenue to the organization – includes oversight of cash flow processes for all incoming revenue, including batching gifts, managing gift coding assignment – including proper designation of campaigns, fund, and appeals – and managing gift booking procedures.
- Lead Donor Operations team staff; directly managing two Donor Operations team members.
- Serve as the main contact, alongside the Senior Accounting Manager, for monthly financial reconciliation between Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge, and adjust and reclass transactions as needed.
- Work closely with the Finance team and gift officers to ensure compliance with internal policies and IRS regulations for charitable gifts.
- Ensure accuracy of all gift/donation records and deposits, and provide expertise on gift acceptance policies and procedures.
- Manage relationship with lockbox caging vendor, oversee quality control of caging direct key entry into RE NXT. Perform various quality assurance process checks on gift data entered into Raiser’s Edge by internal staff and external caging vendor.
- Lead efforts to build new processes and workflows to support acceptance and receipting of gifts from new vehicles/platforms in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Reporting function, including generating daily and monthly financial reports for review by Finance; assist with database queries, reports, imports, and exports, as needed; act as the main point of contact for the annual audit, in tandem with Finance, and provide various financial reports to fundraising staff on a regular basis.
- Post all recorded transactions and adjustments to the Financial Edge database.
- Oversee maintenance of appropriate records of batches, paper files, and other records related to contributions, in accordance with IRS and organizational guidelines.
- Analyze current gift entry and receipting procedures, coding processes, and quality control standards and for efficiency and process recommendations. Maintain all policies & procedures manuals for the Donor Operations team and update as necessary.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Database Administration and the Director, Fundraising Systems & Research to manage the coding of appeals and solicitations in Raiser’s Edge.
- Regularly interact with and train all fundraising teams, and troubleshoot any issues relating to gifts, gift coding, adjustments, or receipting.
- Update and maintain job knowledge by participating in educational and professional development opportunities; Monitor industry trends; recommend changes to staff roles and responsibilities to follow best practices and meet changing needs and support innovative fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to work during the December holidays between December 26th and January 1
- Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, and 5 - 8 years of relevant work experience, preferably in non-profit operations, accounting, or finance.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT or other CRM. Experience with financial accounting software also preferred, as is ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software and train users on database and gift processing policies and procedures.
- Blackbaud Luminate (Convio) and Financial Edge/FE NXT experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of applicable IRS regulations regarding philanthropic contributions and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience overseeing lockbox caging operations
- Strong knowledge of gift processing procedures, established record of database management, fundraising processes, and donor relations.
- 3+ years of people management experience required.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and quantitative analytical skills.
- Strong initiative and follow through, and ease in managing multiple concurrent priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure and independently; able to consider processes end-to-end and anticipate downstream effects.
- Excellent attention to detail with very strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills; can resolve challenges with ease and poise.
- Proven ability to excel in a team environment, motivating peers and colleagues.
- Interest (and preferably, work experience) in anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.
Please apply with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted: no calls please.
- Job Location
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Position Type
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Creative, Development, Customer Service
Nonprofit or Corporate : Nonprofit Organization
Location : Washington, DC