Stewardship Manager, Midlevel Giving
Stewardship Manager, Midlevel Giving
New York City, NY (Remote is Possible)(All staff are working remotely due to the Pandemic)
Job Posting Title
Stewardship Manager, Midlevel Giving
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $400 million annually in funds to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
Do you enjoy working directly with donors and building new business practices from scratch? Do you thrive in a fast paced, environment? Do you love the rewards of sharing with donors their impact? If this sounds right up your alley, we would love to hear from you.
Doctors Without Borders seeks a Midlevel Stewardship Manager for our robust midlevel donor program. In this new role, you will steward and cultivate donors in meaningful ways. You will execute high touch stewardship strategies in a 1: some fashion with concierge and personal outreach, assist with project management, planning, budgeting, and more.
Working closely with the Midlevel Program Senior Manager, you will support the midlevel donor audience to accelerate growth and pipeline development of the highly valuable Partner Program, which includes donors giving $500 - $4,999. You will be an important part of a fundraising team striving to raise more than $90 million.
In this role you will report to the Midlevel Giving, Senior Manager. Your responsibilities will include:
Support launch and implementation of strategy and infrastructure requirements for a concierge program. Manage day-to-day vendor management, testing, analytics, and report outs.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of approximate 500-1000 mid-level donors (donors giving $1,000-$4,999). Building relationships with assigned donors to strengthen long-term support and create a two-way dialogue with donors by soliciting feedback, resolving issues when they arise, and providing personalized content.
- Work toward securing a second gift, gift renewal or upgrade during midlevel giving campaigns,
- Develop a segment of high-value midlevel donors using donor profiles and behavioral metrics.
Contribute ideas and experience to support messaging development, design, and processes for midlevel donor communications and engagement across the Marketing team.
Monitor and report-out on portfolio performance and effectiveness of strategies and tactics; recommend changes to course correct and improve metrics as needed.
Execute premium level stewardship techniques using personalized direct marketing techniques and outreach. Including thank you calls and emails, special invitations, follow up to survey responses, lift notes and other activities.
Collaborate with Senior Manager on initiating prospect research to identify donors with the capacity to increase their giving to higher levels
Act as point person with Donor Services Partner Liaison on inbound program requests and communications. Collaborate closely with Donor Services, Events, Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Development Operations teams.
Ensure a consistent and meaningful treatment of midlevel donors across all direct response channels.
Work with Senior Manager on creation of annual expense budget and independently source budget details for strategic planning, key timelines, and deliverables for annual planning.
Ability to travel for donor stewardship activities, MSF events and industry events once that becomes safe to resume.
Additional assignments as required.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in donor relations/donor services, midlevel giving or major donor experience in either a marketing or fundraising environment.
- Proven track record of working in a forward-facing role and knowledge of customer service practices.
- Proven ability to effectively build interpersonal relationships with a range of donors/prospects.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasive skills both written and oral.
- Experience working with donor database or CRM systems.
- Self-starter that enjoys calling donors and soliciting donations. Comfort in “cold calling”.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and process, ability to record and track progress through CRM system.
- Enthusiastic team player, comfortable in an “all hands-on deck” environment; able to operate and collaborate across multiple teams and thrive in a fast-paced culture.
- Commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Prior experience in vendor and agency management
- Project management experience, including demonstrated ability to identify and anticipate obstacles, and judge when and how to engage key stakeholders with discretion
- Experience with budgeting and KPI measurement objectives.
- Digitally literate, including Microsoft & Google products, project management systems. Comfortable learning new software applications
- Clear, legible handwriting for writing to donors
- Needs to be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Needs to have a high level of discretion with donor’s private information and motivations.
This position requires sitting (or standing as preferred) for long periods and to concentrate on work. This includes typing and close proofreading.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Starting salary mid 70's to low 80's (commensurate with experience)
Desired Hiring Date
Working Time %
How to Apply
Please visit our Careers Home Page to apply for this position with a resume and cover letter.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
No phone calls please.
Please note that relocation assistance or visa sponsorship will be offered for this position
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development, Marketing/Communications
Nonprofit or Corporate : Nonprofit Organization
Location : New York City, NY (Remote is Possible)(All staff are working remotely due to the Pandemic)