Vice President, IT Security
Vice President, IT Security
Washington DC/Telecommuting is Available
Vice President, IT Security, AARP
AARP seeks VP of IT Security to define strategies for operational security and risk mitigation (Washington, DC)
AARP is the nation’s largest non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to empowering Americans 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With nearly 38 million members and offices in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and advocate for what matters most to families, focusing on health security, financial resilience, and fun and fulfillment.
AARP seeks a Vice President to integrate governance and risk compliance requirements, controls, oversight, and validation into information technology. You will be responsible for defining enterprise objectives and strategies for the operational security risk identification and mitigation activities to ensure all intellectual property and information assets have proper safeguards.
You will oversee four key areas, including Incident Management and Security Operations; Security Engineering and Architecture; Security Outreach; and Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC). You will be responsible for the overall direction of all security functions associated with information security education, network applications, communications (voice and data), and computing services within AARP. You will also ensure that security strategies, execution, and third-party relationships align with the organization's business objectives and are coordinated with technology groups and business leadership teams regarding threats, risk levels, data, and technology security.
Specific qualifications include:
• 12+ years of progressive experience in computing and information security, including experience with data privacy, internet technologies, threat and detection (e.g., malware, phishing), and other security issues.
• At least 5 years of senior management experience in a complex organization, with team management responsibilities, including information security specialists' management.
• Experience in application security and database technologies used to store enterprise information, directory services, financial information, and information systems auditing.
• Strong understanding of how to apply current and emerging security technologies to solve business problems.
• Track record of developing and implementing comprehensive strategic security response and recovery strategies, plans, and procedures.
• Proven skills in effectively articulating and influencing senior leadership.
• Wide knowledge of information security technologies, markets, and vendors, including firewall, intrusion detection, assessment tools, encryption, certificate authority, web, and application development.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or Cyber Security preferred; or equivalent field experience in lieu of a degree.
Development Resources inc. is leading this search for AARP.
Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Executive
Job Function : Executive / C-suite
Nonprofit or Corporate : Nonprofit Organization
Location : Washington DC/Telecommuting is Available