Vice President, Marketing Operations
Vice President, Marketing Operations
Chicago, IL (Hybrid)
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
Feeding America is the nation’s second largest charity and the leading domestic hunger-relief charity in the United States. Our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger. Learn more about Feeding America here.
This position is based out of Feeding America’s new office location in the heart of downtown Chicago. At Feeding America, we believe in offering a flexible work environment. Employees can be in the office an average of 2-3 days a week (when not travelling for work) and work from home on other days. Employees also have access to a 30-day “work anywhere” program during the course of each calendar year that can be combined with PTO and/or holidays.
To apply for this role, please submit a resume/CV and cover letter to the team at J. Anderson and Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Feeding America’s Marketing Operations function within the Marketing and Digital Experience department. Establish and oversee the department’s marketing technology, operational, planning, and project management capabilities. Support organizational vision, mission, strategic priorities, and imperatives.
Salary Range: $138,000 - $175,000 + Based on Experience
- Establish the marketing operations function within the Marketing and Digital Experience department to build and develop the department's operational capabilities and ensure department-wide understanding of how to best engage with this team and function.
- Oversee the department's annual strategic planning activities, campaign planning, and planning and management of intradepartmental and interdepartmental programs to ensure integration, scope budget and resource needs, and deliver outcomes on time and within budget.
- Establish, enhance, and implement department-wide planning and project management practices and processes, including the recommendation of new and existing tools to improve communication, project scoping, tracking, accountability, and timely delivery.
- Lead, coach and develop a talented team of individuals within the marketing operations function, including an existing marketing technology (MarTech) team and department strategic planning and project management function, with a focus on career development.
- Work with the Marketing and Digital Experience and Information Technology departments to develop the MarTech strategy and roadmap, increase tool adoption and utilization to maximize their value and avoid resource waste and redundancy, and identify and prioritize unmet needs.
- Lead the optimization of our portfolio of marketing agencies and service providers; share, and implement best practices in vendor and agency management, and collaborate with department leaders to oversee the identification, evaluation, and selection of new partners.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues to identify and prioritize requirements for the redesign and relaunch of FeedingAmerica.org, as well as support for testing, optimization, and continued improvement of Feeding America's digital experiences.
- Collaborate across the department and with Finance and Philanthropic Operations to advance our approach to forecasting, measurement, benchmarking, and reporting of the impact of marketing and digital experience efforts on Feeding America’s goals and objectives.
- Partner with department leaders in Marketing and Digital Experience, other departments, and external agency partners to establish and evolve measurement and reporting for direct marketing, digital marketing, brand and content, and marketing operations.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 15 years of experience in marketing, with a focus on digital marketing, digital media and/or marketing technology
- Deep knowledge of marketing technology point solutions, use cases, solution implementation and systems integration
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM)-based marketing, including data integration, testing and use of first- and third-party data
- Deep knowledge of project management, process design and implementation and organizational change management
- Experience leading a diverse team of experienced technical and non-technical marketing professionals
- Financial and business acumen, including experience with project budgeting, forecasting and use of forecasting tools
- Experience volunteering, consulting or working professionally for a non-profit organization
Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through word and action. Is committed to keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different backgrounds and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies:
Translates Strategy to Operational Goals: Creates a portfolio of projects that drives execution of the organizational strategy and operating goals and addresses long-term challenges/opportunities. Defines aggressive but achievable SMART goals that effectively balance short-term results with long-term success. Cascades strategies and goals so all team members clearly understand how their work affects organizational outcomes.
Fosters Innovation and Continuous Improvement: Ensures that systems and processes are in place to identify new ideas, scan for best practices, share learnings, and drive continuous improvement. Evaluates trends in best-in-class organizations and assesses organizational processes to pursue opportunities for improvement. Mobilizes people across the organization to seek and use innovative internal and external ideas in support of achieving our strategic goals. Contributes to organizational learning by recognizing successful innovations and sharing insights from unsuccessful experimental efforts.
Drives Change: Displays personal commitment and ownership of organization-wide initiatives and champions their value. Challenges underlying assumptions behind current policies and practices to identify opportunities for positive changes. Uses a disciplined approach to plan, implement, and manage change, including addressing issues at individual, team, and organization-wide levels. Manages resistance to change efforts by continually seeking input from, sharing information with, and engaging stakeholders. Orchestrates dialogue and productive conflict across the organization to shepherd people effectively through the change process.
Collaborates Internally and Externally: Promotes an integrated, collaborative approach to solving challenges by reaching out to and engaging people from other departments, across the Network, and with external partners. Acts as a sounding-board resource for others and reaches out to colleagues to provide support. Looks beyond own area to make sure the right person or resource is involved in discussions. De-escalates and depersonalizes conflict to find common ground and focus conversations on our shared mission and the people we serve. Rejects others’ finger-pointing and preserves others’ reputations while addressing concerns.
Leverages Functional Expertise: Possesses deep and current understanding of trends in area of expertise and uses insights identify opportunities and anticipate potential challenges and threats to Feeding America as a whole. Tracks latest functional practices and innovations and ways these could improve processes within the organization. Ensures team has time and resources to stay up to date in their functional knowledge.
Feeding America recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging and contribute to a culture that values differences, ideas, and experiences. We intentionally seek out diverse perspectives and skills on our teams, knowing that it makes us stronger as an organization and better equipped to serve our neighbors in need. We encourage individuals from historically under-represented communities and individuals with lived experience of hunger to apply.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Senior Level
Job Function : Development, Digital, Marketing/Communications
Location : Chicago, IL (Hybrid)
Salary Range : $138,000 - $175,000 + Based on Experience