Want to be a critical player in leading the INCLUSION REVOLUTION? Come join our team!
Reporting the Chief Communications, Marketing and Development Officer, the Vice President of Strategic Gifts is a critical member of the overall Special Olympics management team. The Vice President develops and oversees the execution of strategic plans, short and long-term goals and objectives for the Strategic Gifts (individual major donors & foundations) Department in order to achieve overall financial goals. This leader determines staff portfolios and priorities, evaluates progress toward revenue and activities goals, oversees donor stewardship, grant management and establishes/maintains the department’s budget.
- Create and guide evolution of major gift fundraising
- Meet quarterly and annual fundraising goals as approved by Chief Communications, Marketing & Development Officer, solicit, and manage individual portfolio of at least 25 $1M+ capacity rated prospects for Special Olympics and liaise with senior leadership to determine fundraising priorities,
- Fund-raise for unrestricted revenue, priority projects and initiatives, and strategically build volume of major giving-level prospects/donors/gifts across team.
- Provide strategic direction and mentorship to a small team on moves management, including overseeing the implementation, cultivation, engagement, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Provide Salesforce database management support to ensure all gifts and information are tracked and recorded appropriately.
- Coordinate with CEO or Chairman’s office on communications with high-profile individuals and prospective donors.
- Set and evaluate quarterly and annual revenue and donor engagement goals to achieve overall team goal.
- Liaise and actively engage with other teams, Programs and Regional leadership to facilitate partnerships that enhance Strategic Giving with an eye to collaboration and coordination.
- Responsible for participating in the development and implementation of Division-wide planning and supporting overall Development fundraising goals.
- Responsible for drafting, implementing, and tracking annual operating plans for Strategic Gifts and producing reconciliation, revenue and acknowledgement reports as required.
- Develop and recommend new strategies to enhance Strategic Gifts fundraising to the Chief Communications, Marketing and Development Officer
- Attend Board Committee meetings as necessary.
- Complete other projects as assigned by Chief Communications, Marketing and Development Officer.
- Supervises 2-3 staff direct reports and has oversight over consultants and supporting agencies
- Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously with a high level of independence.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 10 years of Major Gift’s fundraising experience.
- Successful track record of Major Gift solicitations in $1M + donor category.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and managerial capabilities, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks required.
- Comfort with tracking metrics and analyzing data.
- Public speaking experience
- Some travel required.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce proficiency.
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Special Olympics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Travel Required: Yes
To apply click here