Reporting to the CEO & President, the Vice President (VP) of Development serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting CMMB. In partnership with the ET, this position is responsible for leading efforts on private individual fundraising, communications and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build CMMB’s d financial resources in support of expanding our results. The VP, Development also will support the development of an organization-wide plan for developing key external alliances to increase efficiency and impact.
The VP, Development will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow a certain budget through the solicitation of major gifts, direct marketing, monthly sustainers, digital fundraising, planned giving and periodic special events. The VP will also oversee efforts to increase the organization’s visibility and brand identity, supervising the Director of Communications. The VP will coordinate closely with staff who manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation grantors who provide restricted and unrestricted resources.
She or he will expand and diversify CMMB’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the VP will work closely with the board of directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
- Works with the Executive Team to determine the mission, purpose, and priorities of the organization.
- Sets annual monetary goals and budgets according to short- and long-term goals.
- Establishes fundraising plan and specific objectives for the organization and team members, setting one year, five year, and longer-term goals.
- Solicits gifts directly and supervises team of major gift officers, planned giving officers, digital and direct marketing professionals.
- Supports development of brand messaging and produces relevant fundraising literature for distribution to donors and the public.
- Oversees the fundraising process, the operational support and database management for gifts management.
- Oversees planning of visibility-raising and fundraising events that effectively communicate the brand and create new relationships with funders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Coaches team members to grow professionally and personally through their work and developmental opportunities.
- Provides constructive and timely feedback to staff and encourages accountability among team members.
- Note: These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, Master’s preferred.
- At least ten years of experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization, including three years in upper management required.
- Valid work authorization to work in the United States.
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge.
- Candor and Integrity
- Demonstrate CMMB’s core values in action
- Collaboration: To work in partnership for locally sustainable solutions
- Love: To embrace and be compassionate towards all people
- Excellence: To deliver sustainable, quality, and impactful results
- Respect: To act always with integrity, and to value and honor the dignity of all
- Must be comfortable working in a faith-based organization with a strong commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
How to apply
Visit our careers page for more information. Please Click here to apply.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Executive
Job Function : Development, Marketing/Communications, Digital, Creative, Executive / C-suite
Location : New York, NY (Temporarily Remote)